Technical Analyst - Tier 2 & 3 |
Who we are
Bulletproof is a premiere technology company founded in Atlantic Canada in 2000. Driven by innovative, empowered and creative teamwork, we build solutions that solve business challenges and deliver overall business improvement for our global clients. At Bulletproof, we are committed to our customers, our team and our communities.
Bulletproof’s practices include Security and Network Operations Centers, Security Assessment & Audit, Quality Assurance and Testing, Microsoft Consulting, Managed Services, Education and Product Fulfillment; working together to provide true end-to-end business solutions. Our Security Operations Center protects our clients 24 hours a day by providing extensive Infrastructure Services, including best-in-class technology offerings. Our commitment to our Microsoft Practice elevates productivity and collaboration capabilities, and our Learning Solutions allow us to enhance the knowledge and skill sets of all our clients.
We are growing! With the recent acquisition of Bulletproof by Gaming Laboratories International (GLI), our mandate to expand our capacity and market reach is aggressive. We are building the team to help us achieve those goals; in Atlantic Canada, across the Country, into the USA and Internationally. We have ambitious plans to leverage our depth of experience across our practices and we are building an ambitious team to achieve those goals together.
About the role
This position is responsible for ensuring professional IT support is delivered to all clients site offices who are Bulletproof's existing client base. This position serves as the second/ third technical level support for calls reported to the central support desk. This position will be responsible to trouble shooting incidents and changes in network/server/virtual client environments. This is a senior technical position and is responsible for scheduling technical task and mentoring Tier 1.The Tier 2&3 position will interface with Project managers for delivery of IT solutions for Bulletproof ‘s client base.
- Responds to all issues in the IT Ticket tracking system in a timely fashion.
- Corrects end user issues and reports issues that cannot be corrected in a timely fashion.
- Assists client IT personnel in client locations resolving end user issues.
- Performs installations and resolves support issues within the LAN/WAN environments.
- Maintains records, logs and reports of client’s assistance and troubleshooting requests.
- Provides hands on training, training materials and documentation for client equipment to employees when necessary.
- Takes leadership of specific management of 3rd part application(s) and system(s) areas, as assigned.
- Maintains network/site environmental diagrams and other documents regarding the client system(s) functionality.
- Works with department leaders to gain an understanding of the business need for changes, modifications or new systems to be implemented.
- Evaluates interrelationships between systems, identifying how changes may affect other systems.
- Responsible to enter time on a weekly basis which will be used to generate monthly reports to clients on workload, and status on open projects and issues.
- Provides maintenance and operation of infrastructure assets in (CISCO, Fortinet, Sophos Bomgar, Barracuda,O365/Azure, VMware, and SolarWinds environments) including, but not limited to email systems, backup systems, Active Directory access user account creation, phone system modifications and new user PC/network set-ups.
- Apply operating systems updates, making modifications and configuration changes when necessary.
- Performs technical research and development to enable innovation within the infrastructure.
- Monitor and reviews IT system logs, server security and special services on servers; identifies errors and makes modifications as needed.
- Resolves issues within the network systems and infrastructure software. Must have the ability to assess a situation quickly and help arrive at the most beneficial resolution for all parties involved.
- Maintains confidentiality about the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Provides weekly reports to the IT Supervisor or Project managers regarding workload, open projects and issues.
- Responsible for upholding network security measures set by client/Bulletproof policies.
- Maintains knowledge of remote access products.
- Responsible for maintaining of client assets in a SolarWinds environment to monitor performance metrics to complete proactive client monitoring.
- Responsible for attaining and maintain technical certifications (SolarWinds, CISCO, Microsoft and Fortinet)
- Responsible for the guidance and mentoring of Tier 1 positions within Bulletproof technical teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position will require after business hours on-call approximately one week out of every 8 weeks.
Required Education and Other Credentials
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline or a college certificate or diploma in information technology and/or have relevant experience and industry certification.
- Solid working knowledge of Networking typologies, Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft Office programs is a requirement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional telephone manners and a strong customer service orientation is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while handling multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes is an asset
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Experience in a hosting environment is an asset.
- Certifications in CISCO, SolarWinds, Microsoft and Fortinet would be definite assets.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Required Skills and Experience
SOUND LIKE A FIT FOR YOU?