Subject Matter Expert | Moncton, NB and Halifax, NS
Who we are
Bulletproof is growing! Through the recent acquisition of Bulletproof by Gaming Laboratories International (GLI), our mandate to expand our capacity and market reach is aggressive. We are building the team to help us achieve those goals; in Atlantic Canada, across the country, into the USA and internationally. We have ambitious plans to leverage our depth of experience across our practices and we are building an ambitious team to achieve those goals together.
Since Bulletproof began in 2000, we have expanded our services to be much more than an IT company. Bulletproof offers a comprehensive selection of advanced technologies and know-how and is steadfastly focused on solving business challenges for our global clients. Each of the Bulletproof practices work together to provide true end to end business solutions. We bring together market-leading services for the delivery of quality management solutions, global regulatory intelligence, IT process improvement, enhanced due diligence, compliance management, internal audit and risk management services.
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) is responsible for ensuring professional IT support is delivered to all clients site offices who are Bulletproof ‘s existing client base. This position serves as the second/ third technical level support for calls reported to the central support desk. This position will be responsible to trouble shooting incidents and changes in network/server/virtual client environments.
- Responds to all issues in the IT Ticket tracking system and corrects end user issues and reports issues
- Assists client IT personnel in client locations resolving end user issues.
- Performs installations and resolves support issues within the LAN/WAN environments.
- Maintains records, logs and reports of clients’ assistance and troubleshooting requests.
- Provides hands on training, training materials and documentation for client equipment to employees when necessary.
- Takes leadership of specific management of 3rd part application(s) and system(s) areas, as assigned.
- Maintains network/site environmental diagrams and other documents regarding the client system(s) functionality.
- Works with department leaders to gain an understanding of the business need for changes, modifications or new systems to be implemented.
- Evaluates interrelationships between systems, identifying how changes may affect other systems.
- Responsible to enter time on a weekly basis which will be used to generate monthly reports to clients on workload, and status on open projects and issues.
- Provides maintenance and operation of infrastructure assets in (CISCO, Fortinet, Sophos Bomgar, Barracuda,O365/Azure, VMware, and SolarWinds environments) including, but not limited to email systems, backup systems, Active Directory access user account creation, phone system modifications and new user PC/network set-ups.
- Apply operating systems updates, making modifications and configuration changes when necessary.
- Performs technical research and development to enable innovation within the infrastructure.
- Monitor and reviews IT system logs, server security and special services on servers; identifies errors and makes modifications as needed.
- Resolves issues within the network systems and infrastructure software.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Provides weekly reports to the IT Supervisor regarding workload, open projects and issues.
- Responsible for upholding network security measures set by client/Bulletproof policies.
- Maintains knowledge of remote access products.
- Responsible for maintaining of client assets in a SolarWinds environment to monitor performance metrics to complete proactive client monitoring.
- Responsible for attaining and maintain technical certifications (SolarWinds, CISCO, Microsoft and Fortinet)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline or a college certificate or diploma in information technology and/or have relevant experience and industry certification.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a related position
- Familiarity with ITIL processes is an asset.
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Experience in a hosting environment is an asset.
- Certifications in CISCO, SolarWinds, Microsoft and Fortinet would be definite assets.
- Must possess a valid Canadian Driver’s License as frequent travel to client sites is required 50% to 75% of the time
- Must possess relevant technical skills/certifications in the systems or area specified by management
- Working knowledge of network topology and remote access devices required
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple incidents and tight deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, correctness and deadlines
- Ability to adapt from business to technical communication according to the audience
- Must have the ability to assess a situation quickly and help arrive at the best beneficial resolution for all parties involved
- Ability to update ticketing systems using professional correspondence
- Must have the ability to communicate, both orally and written, with other members of the team and external parties
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple incidents/changes and deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness
- This position will require after business hours on-call approximately one week out of every 8 weeks
SOUND LIKE A FIT FOR YOU?