Security Penetration Tester | Moncton NB
Who we are
Bulletproof is a global leader in IT with more than 150 employees across the Canada and the United States. Over the years, our team has conducted thousands of successful engagements—and we currently support over 50,000 users working out of 300+ offices worldwide.
It is an exciting time to join the Bulletproof team! As part of the GLI family of companies, Bulletproof provides it employees the opportunity to be part of a global company within an exciting industry. While Bulletproof services a wide range of industries, we have a deep knowledge of the gaming industry and how technology powers its processes. As a GLI company, we work in over 475 jurisdictions across the world to deliver IT services that enable better compliance, better performance, and a better experience for the player.
At Bulletproof we are committed to our customers, our team and our communities and look forward to you joining our team.
Bulletproof’s Governance, Risk and Compliance team currently has an opportunity for a Security Penetration Tester who will focus on internal testing, as well as supporting third-party penetration testing efforts, for the global Gaming and Lottery industry. This position will have a primarily technical focus on leading security assessments with little oversight. The Security Penetration Tester will be responsible for participating in assessments of the Information Systems of clients to evaluate whether they comply with the requirements as set by the regulator and/or ISO, PCI and/or other relevant standards.
- Conduct Network and Threat Risk Assessments (NRAs and TRAs) in North America and globally.
- Internal and external network penetration testing.
- Application testing, including black box, and code reviews.
- Develop and communicate recommendations on findings remediation.
- Continuous improvement of testing processes and methodologies.
- Coordinate and function as a subject matter expert to third-party penetration testing efforts.
- Ensures that clients are provided professional, courteous and timely support and service.
- Contributes to the development of new procedures and techniques for Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing.
- Responsible for assessment planning, field work documentation and reports.
- Responsible for following all engagement quality requirements.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Community College Diploma with equivalent technical discipline.
- 4+ years of professional experience in computer security and networking.
- One of the following certifications is beneficial: Certified Ethical Hacker, SANS GIAC Penetration Testing, and OSCP or OSCE.
- 1+ years' experience in penetration testing.
- Must hold a Valid Canadian Passport and be eligible to apply for a US Work Visa
- Intermediate understanding of networking (all OSI layers, protocols, Architecture, configuration, operational practices, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Windows/Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Strong understanding of operating system and software vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of the detection, exploitation, and prevention of software vulnerabilities (i.e., SQL injection, XSS, buffer overflows).
- Strong knowledge of and experience with commercial or open-source offensive security tools for reconnaissance, scanning, exploitation and post-exploitation (e.g. Nmap, Nessus, Metasploit, Burp Suite, etc.).
- Understanding of IT security and governance frameworks, such as ISO 27001/2 and NIST.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to build solid relationships and able to effectively communicate with all levels of clients in a professional manner.
- Excellent self-tasking skills.
- Must be able to travel 70% or more.
- Must hold a valid Canadian passport and be eligible to apply for a US Work Visa
Sound like a fit for you?