Security Penetration Tester | Moncton NB ***Future Opportunities****
Who we are
Through the course of our 18 years, Bulletproof’s goal has always remained the same: we strive to help businesses of every shape and size compete with the biggest players in the game by driving better security, better customer satisfaction, and better business growth through technology.
Today, 70,000+ users on 6 continents trust Bulletproof to secure their networks, data and people. Our 24x7 Service Desk also supports 50,000+ users and over 10,000 network devices in more than 300 client offices around the world. Bulletproof’s team is second-to-none and works with some of the most renowned technology partners in the world (Microsoft, Dell, Fortinet, etc.)
While Bulletproof services a wide range of industries, we have a deep knowledge of the gaming industry and how technology powers its processes. As a GLI company, we work in over 475 jurisdictions across the world to deliver IT services that enable better compliance, better performance, and a better experience for the player.
About the role
The role will focus on both internal testing, and supporting third party penetration testing efforts with a primary technical focus on leading security assessments with little oversight. The Security Penetration Tester will be responsible for participating in assessments of the Information Systems of clients to evaluate whether they comply with the requirements as set by the regulator and/or ISO, PCI and/or other relevant standards.
- Conduct Network and Threat Risk Assessments (NRAs and TRAs) in North America and globally.
- Internal and external network penetration testing.
- Application testing, including black box, and code reviews.
- Develop and communicate recommendations on findings remediation.
- Continuous improvement of testing processes and methodologies.
- Coordinate and function as a subject matter expert to third-party penetration testing efforts.
- Ensures that clients are provided professional, courteous and timely support and service.
- Contributes to the development of new procedures and techniques for Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing.
- Responsible for assessment planning, field work documentation and reports.
- Responsible for following all engagement quality requirements.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Community College Diploma with equivalent technical discipline.
- 4+ years of professional experience in computer security and networking.
- One of the following certification is beneficial Certified Ethical Hacker, SANS GIAC Penetration Testing, and OSCP or OSCE.
- 2+ years' experience in penetration testing.
- Must hold a Valid Canadian Passport and be eligible to apply for a US Work Visa
- Intermediate understanding of networking (all OSI layers, protocols, Architecture, configuration, operational practices, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Windows/Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Strong understanding of operating system and software vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of the detection, exploitation, and prevention of software vulnerabilities (i.e., SQL injection, XSS, buffer overflows).
- Strong knowledge of and experience with commercial or open-source offensive security tools for reconnaissance, scanning, exploitation and post-exploitation (e.g. Nmap, Nessus, Metasploit, Burp Suite, etc.).
- Understanding of IT security and governance frameworks, such as ISO 27001/2 and NIST.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to build solid relationships and able to effectively communicate with all levels of clients in a professional manner.
- Excellent self-tasking skills.
- Must be able to travel 70% +.
Sound like a fit for you?