Network Operations Centre Analyst I |
Who we are
Bulletproof is a premiere technology company founded in Atlantic Canada in 2000. Driven by innovative, empowered and creative teamwork, we build solutions that solve business challenges and deliver overall business improvement for our global clients. At Bulletproof, we are committed to our customers, our team and our communities.
Bulletproof’s practices include Security and Network Operations Centers, Security Assessment & Audit, Quality Assurance and Testing, Microsoft Consulting, Managed Services, Education and Product Fulfillment; working together to provide true end-to-end business solutions. Our Security Operations Center protects our clients 24 hours a day by providing extensive Infrastructure Services, including best-in-class technology offerings. Our commitment to our Microsoft Practice elevates productivity and collaboration capabilities, and our Learning Solutions allow us to enhance the knowledge and skill sets of all our clients.
We are growing! With the recent acquisition of Bulletproof by Gaming Laboratories International (GLI), our mandate to expand our capacity and market reach is aggressive. We are building the team to help us achieve those goals; in Atlantic Canada, across the Country, into the USA and Internationally. We have ambitious plans to leverage our depth of experience across our practices and we are building an ambitious team to achieve those goals together.
About the role
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Analyst performs technical analysis of system performance issues, thresholds and outages as they occur across customer ICT environments networks. The NOC Analyst performs research to troubleshoot and resolve the issue or, depending upon complexity, escalates the issue to higher-level systems administrators and network engineers. The NOC Analyst is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies and must maintain current and thorough knowledge of customer technologies and their significance to customer operations.
This individual must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in a 24 x 7 environment with critical uptime requirements. The NOC analyst may also perform basic system administration tasks such as network/system troubleshooting, patching operating systems and applications, and executing various scripts to avoid service degradation.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts. Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams.
- Recognize, identify prioritize and own incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact.
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages.
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems, cloud solutions and core applications.
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures.
- Notify customer and coordinate third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status.
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles.
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.).
- Support multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day or evening hours.
- Manage the inventory of monitoring alerts to maintain current and relevant alerts.
- Basic Microsoft, Fortinet and/or Cisco certifications (CCNA,NSE4, MS-500,MS-900, etc)
- Experience monitoring VMWare clusters in high-availability environments
- Broad experience using a variety of monitoring and ITSM management tools
- Experience providing remote support using virtual desktop tools
- Professional designation in computer science, information systems, computer networking, or computer engineering. Consideration will be given to candidates with equivalent experience and certifications.
- A minimum of three years of experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment. Previous NOC experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of key network monitoring protocols including SNMP, NetFlow, WMI, syslog, etc.
- Understanding of key network technologies and components for wired and wireless networks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems, Fortinet network devices and Cisco network devices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent written, verbal, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with customers and technical personnel in high-stress situations.
SOUND LIKE A FIT FOR YOU?