Enterprise Architect | Multiple Locations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to develop a 3-5-year road map to define the client services which will be offered including technical architecture review findings and recommendations, road maps, current state assessments & end state mapping documents, design documents, disaster recovery plans, etc.
- Meets with Senior management of Bulletproof to understand business drivers impacting their technology needs along with existing technical challenges that need to be considered.
- Responsible to recommend and develop methods to reduce costs in IT for Bulletproof and Bulletproof ‘s client base.
- Responsible with the assistance of project managers to work with clients to gather business requirements.
- Responsible to work with the Project managers and clients to develop project workplans, defines prerequisites to performing the work, and identifies critical path activities along with potential business impacts (ex. Downtime requirements, etc.)
- Responsible to work with Project managers to plan and perform large scale upgrades and migrations utilizing SME resources to position Bulletproof as a client’s IT trusted partner.
- Responsible to provides troubleshooting and post deployment support as needed
- Responsible to prepares technical as design documentation and transfer documentation to provide knowledge transfer to the operational SME level.
- Mentors and coaches’ other technical resources (SME’s) within the company
- Maintains records, logs and reports of client’s assistance and troubleshooting requests.
- Provides hands on training, training materials and documentation for client equipment to employees when necessary.
- Takes leadership of specific management of 3rd part application(s) and system(s) areas, as it relates to Architectural engagements.
- Evaluates interrelationships between systems, identifying how changes may affect other systems.
- Responsible to enter time on a weekly basis which will be used to generate monthly reports to clients on workload, and status on open projects and issues.
- Performs technical research and development to enable innovation within the infrastructure.
- Monitor and reviews IT system logs, server security and special services on servers; identifies errors and makes modifications as needed.
- Resolves issues within the network systems and infrastructure software. Must have the ability to assess a situation quickly and help arrive at the most beneficial resolution for all parties involved.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Provides weekly reports to the IT Supervisor or Project managers regarding workload, open projects and issues.
- Responsible for upholding network security measures set by client/Bulletproof policies.
- Maintains knowledge of remote access products.
- Responsible to provide information related to maintaining of client assets in a SolarWinds environment to monitor performance metrics to complete proactive client monitoring.
- Responsible for attaining and maintain technical certifications ((SolarWinds, CISCO, Microsoft technologies (Azure, Office365, InTune/EMS, Exchange Server, Active Directory, Skype for Business/Teams, Windows 10, Windows Server, etc.) and Fortinet))
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position will require after business hours on-call approximately while implementing architectural changes to client environments.
Required Education and Other Credentials:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline or a college certificate or diploma in information technology and/or have relevant experience and industry certification.
- Solid working knowledge of Networking typologies, Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft Office programs is a requirement. Technical and product knowledge in one or more specialties are required:
- Microsoft technologies (Azure, Office365, InTune/EMS, Exchange Server, Active Directory, Skype for Business/Teams, Windows 10, Windows Server, etc.)
- Network & Wireless Solutions based on Fortinet and Cisco products in particular
- Virtualization solutions (VMWare)
- Storage Solutions such as Dell EMC & Compellent
- IPVS, and/or Cisco Collaboration/VoIP Solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional telephone manners and a strong customer service orientation is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while handling multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes is an asset.
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Experience in a hosting environment is an asset.
- Certifications in CISCO, SolarWinds, Microsoft and Fortinet would be definite assets.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate in French an asset
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Lift and/or move up to 25 - 50 lbs.
- Sit and work at a computer for extensive periods of time.
- Speak on the telephone with clients/prospective clients for extended periods of time.
- Able to travel 50% of the time
Sound like a fit for you?