Consultant / Quality Assurance Tester |
Who we are
Bulletproof is a premiere technology company founded in Atlantic Canada in 2000. Driven by innovative, empowered and creative teamwork, we build solutions that solve business challenges and deliver overall business improvement for our global clients. At Bulletproof, we are committed to our customers, our team and our communities.
Bulletproof’s practices include Security and Network Operations Centers, Security Assessment & Audit, Quality Assurance and Testing, Microsoft Consulting, Managed Services, Education and Product Fulfillment; working together to provide true end-to-end business solutions. Our Security Operations Center protects our clients 24 hours a day by providing extensive Infrastructure Services, including best-in-class technology offerings. Our commitment to our Microsoft Practice elevates productivity and collaboration capabilities, and our Learning Solutions allow us to enhance the knowledge and skill sets of all our clients.
We are growing! With the recent acquisition of Bulletproof by Gaming Laboratories International (GLI), our mandate to expand our capacity and market reach is aggressive. We are building the team to help us achieve those goals; in Atlantic Canada, across the Country, into the USA and Internationally. We have ambitious plans to leverage our depth of experience across our practices and we are building an ambitious team to achieve those goals together.
About the role
Based in the Moncton, NB office, the Software Quality Assurance & Testing team is looking for intermediate QA Testers. The Software Quality Assurance & Testing team is involved with multiple types of test efforts, including large lottery system replacement projects down to small lottery system upgrade and maintenance projects. As a result, the Software Quality Assurance & Testing team may be deployed to work at a client or software vendor location during the test phase of a project. The Bulletproof Solutions Delivery team mainly works with lottery and gaming clients across North America and in Europe.
- Identify and document test cases and business scenarios
- Develop and document traceability matrix(ces)
- Perform test planning, analysis and design activities as required
- Identify and prepare test data
- Execute testing cycle activities as defined in the project test plan
- Identify, log and follow-up on all defects documented
- Communicate progress of testing activities to the QA Test Lead
- Participate in test retrospective reviews
- Update and maintain team training and knowledge transfer assets
- Train, mentor and coach junior test team members and provide performance feedback
- Maintain and communicate a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies and terminology
Required Education and Credentials:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and/or Business or 2-year diploma in IT and/or Business with equivalent IT experience
- ISTQB Certification Preferred
- Must hold a valid Canadian passport and be eligible to apply for a US work visa
Qualifications and Experience:
- Lottery and gaming experience considered an asset
- Demonstrable experience with project and client management for complex Quality Assurance & Testing projects
- Minimum 4+ yrs. working in Software Testing, Quality Assurance
- 3+ yrs. working with a Test Case & Defect Management system
Core Attributes and Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Critical eye for detail
- Critical Thinker
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
- Maintains excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
Core Attributes and Characteristics
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Must hold a Valid Canadian Passport and be eligible to apply for a US Work Visa
It is an exciting time to join the Bulletproof team! As part of the GLI family of companies, Bulletproof provides it employees the opportunity to be part of a global company within an exciting industry. While Bulletproof services a wide range of industries, we have a deep knowledge of the gaming industry and how technology powers its processes. As a GLI company, we work in over 475 jurisdictions across the world to deliver IT services that enable better compliance, better performance, and a better experience for the player.
At Bulletproof we are committed to our customers, our team and our communities and look forward to you joining our team.