Technical Analyst | Halifax NS
Who we are
Through the course of our 18 years, Bulletproof’s goal has always remained the same: we strive to help businesses of every shape and size compete with the biggest players in the game by driving better security, better customer satisfaction, and better business growth through technology.
Today, 70,000+ users on 6 continents trust Bulletproof to secure their networks, data and people. Our 24x7 Service Desk also supports 50,000+ users and over 10,000 network devices in more than 300 client offices around the world. Bulletproof’s team is second-to-none and works with some of the most renowned technology partners in the world (Microsoft, Dell, Fortinet, etc.)
While Bulletproof services a wide range of industries, we have a deep knowledge of the gaming industry and how technology powers its processes. As a GLI company, we work in over 475 jurisdictions across the world to deliver IT services that enable better compliance, better performance, and a better experience for the player.
About the role
The Technical Analyst is responsible for ensuring professional IT support is delivered to all clients site offices who are Bulletproof ‘s existing client base. This position serves as the second/ third technical level support for calls reported to the central support desk. This position will be responsible to trouble shooting incidents and changes in network/server/virtual client environments.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Responds to all issues in the IT Ticket tracking system in a timely fashion.
- Corrects end user issues and reports issues that cannot be corrected in a timely fashion.
- Assists client IT personnel in client locations resolving end user issues.
- Performs installations and resolves support issues within the LAN/WAN environments under the direct supervisor of the SME II.
- Maintains records, logs and reports of client’s assistance and troubleshooting requests.
- Provides hands on training, training materials and documentation for client equipment to employees when necessary.
- Takes leadership of specific management of 3rd part application(s) and system(s) areas, as assigned by SME II.
- Maintains network/site environmental diagrams and other documents regarding the client system(s) functionality.
- Works with department leaders to gain an understanding of the business need for changes, modifications or new systems to be implemented.
- Evaluates interrelationships between systems, identifying how changes may affect other systems.
- Responsible to enter time on a weekly basis which will be used to generate monthly reports to clients on workload, and status on open projects and issues.
- Provides maintenance and operation of infrastructure assets in (CISCO, Fortinet, Sophos Bomgar, Barracuda,O365/Azure, VMware, and SolarWinds environments) including, but not limited to email systems, backup systems, Active Directory access user account creation, phone system modifications and new user PC/network set-ups.
- Apply operating systems updates, making modifications and configuration changes when necessary under the direct supervisor of the SME II.
- Performs technical research and development to enable innovation within the infrastructure.
- Monitor and reviews IT system logs, server security and special services on servers; identifies errors and makes modifications as needed.
- Resolves issues within the network systems and infrastructure software. Must have the ability to assess a situation quickly and help arrive at the most beneficial resolution for all parties involved.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Provides weekly reports to the IT Supervisor or Project managers regarding workload, open projects and issues.
- Responsible for upholding network security measures set by client/Bulletproof policies.
- Maintains knowledge of remote access products.
- Responsible for maintaining of client assets in a SolarWinds environment to monitor performance metrics to complete proactive client monitoring.
- Responsible for attaining and maintain technical certifications (SolarWinds, CISCO, Microsoft and Fortinet)
- This position will require after business hours on-call approximately one week out of every 8 weeks.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline or a college certificate or diploma in information technology and/or have relevant experience and industry certification.
- Solid working knowledge of Networking typologies, Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft Office programs is a requirement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional telephone manners and a strong customer service orientation is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while handling multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes is an asset.
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Experience in a hosting environment is an asset.
- Certifications in CISCO, SolarWinds, Microsoft and Fortinet would be definite assets.
- Valid Driver’s License.
SOUND LIKE A FIT FOR YOU?